G.hn (ITU-T G.9960/1/2/3/4) Modems for Home Media Networks enable a completely self-install home entertainment network for distribution of Triple Play and IPTV over all existing wires in the home; powerline, coax and phoneline.
With the CG5300 and CG5200 series, large scale networks can be self-installed by novice users. IPTV deployment becomes plug and play thus avoiding the need for professional installer and truck rolls.
The solution provides unparalleled rates in real environment. Full-home coverage is supported even over powerline enabling distribution of multiple 4K video streams on existing wires.
The CG5200 family also affords end-users unprecedented convenience and flexibility because every power outlet, coaxial outlet and phone jack in the home becomes a network connectivity point on the same mesh network.
With the MIMO technology supported by CG5300 and CG5200 performance and coverage are further enhanced over powerline.
- Optimized for IPTV and Multicast systems
- Highest rates in real environment (PHY rate up to 1 Gbps per medium, up to 3Gbps) aggregated over all media
- High scalability – supports largest number of devices, highest number of simultaneous video streams, best for multiple 4K video streams
- Self-installation by consumers and service providers reduces cost and complexity
- Guaranteed reliable whole-home coverage
- Coexistence with previous generations of powerline technology HomePlug AV/2
- Backward compatibility with HPNA
- Advanced neighboring networks mitigation schemes