Z-Wave: Enabling the Smart Home Internet of Things
The Internet of Things offers tremendous promise to consumers by enabling remote control and management of an ever-growing variety of connected devices—from home security systems to energy management, appliances and lighting, and remote home monitoring, just to name a few categories.
Analysts predict that billions of devices will be connected to the Internet of Things in the coming years. One key consideration is how all of these devices will be integrated and controlled, and common standards are key to enabling simple, straightforward installation and management of devices in the connected home.
Z-Wave wireless technology (ITU standard G.9959 ) is at the heart of the Smart home and The Internet of Things, providing industry-leading reliability and ease of installation. The Z-Wave ecosystem includes more than 1200 certified interoperable devices and 300 member companies make up the Z-Wave Alliance.
- International standard (ITU-G.9959) providing outstanding interoperability and backwards-compatibility
- Global presence: Hundreds of member companies, thousands of certified devices, millions of devices in homes worldwide
- Robust technical and market certification program
- Plug and play setup, installation and support tools
- Wireless mesh networking, ultra-low power
- Sub 1 GHz bandwidth