Providing the Tools for Ultra High Quality
Enhancing the in-home TV experience on ever-larger screens requires more than simply increasing resolution; the expanded detail and color range now available with Ultra HD (UHD, also known as 4K) also place new demands on the video signal processing chips in the TV set.
Sigma Designs introduced the industry’s first 4K-capable SoC, and its newest solutions support HEVC (H.265) and Google VP9 compressions, HDMI 2.0, and 120fps frame-rate conversion. A broad range of picture quality tools—including motion estimation/motion compensation (MEMC) processing color management to eliminate blurring and judder, noise reduction, super resolution, sharpness enhancement, 3D and gaming modes—delivers a best-in-class viewing experience.
Key features include:
- 4K HEVC and VP9 support
- Advanced video processing algorithms
- World-leading MEMC frame rate conversion up to 120fps
- 3rd generation Super Resolution engine
- Adaptive non-linear upscaling of HD/SD to UHD for best upscaling quality
- Local dimming and dynamic backlight controls to achieve highest contrast ratio
- Multi-processor architecture with a quad-core ARM CPU
- Complete OTT stack running Linux or Android for 4K content streaming
- Single chip SoCs for optimized BOM cost