G.hn (ITU-T G.9960/1/2/3/4) Modems for Home Media Networks enable a completely self-install home entertainment network for distribution of Triple Play and IPTV over all existing wires in the home; power lines, coax and phone lines.
With the CG5300 series, large scale networks can be self-installed by novice users. IPTV deployment becomes plug and play thus avoiding the need for professional installer and truck rolls.
The solution provides unparalleled rates in real environments. Full-home coverage is supported even over powerline enabling distribution of multiple 4K video streams on existing wires.
With the MIMO technology supported by CG5300 performance and coverage are further enhanced over powerline.
- Optimized for IPTV and Multicast systems
- Highest rates in real environment (PHY rate up to 1 Gbps per medium, up to 3Gbps) aggregated over all media
- High scalability – supports largest number of devices, highest number of simultaneous video streams, best for multiple 4K video streams
- Self-installation by consumers and service providers reduces cost and complexity
- Guaranteed reliable whole-home coverage
- Coexistence with previous generations of powerline technology HomePlug AV/2
- Backward compatibility with HPNA
- Advanced neighboring networks mitigation schemes